Thursday 11 October 2012

Moloko Font Ideas

These fonts represent my "Indie Rock' music magazine as they are all edgy, eye catching. However, the grunge element of the last font reminds me more of a Rock magazine not Indie Rock because Rock music is associated with danger and destruction. The third and fourth fonts remind me of fashion magazines like Vogue because of the thinness of it and how it is elongated. The second font is difficult to read which makes me not want to use it for my magazine as it defeats the purpose of a masthead. Because of all of the previous factors I have decided to use the first font as its chopped off verticles, modern style, individual look and the fact that it is slightly one step removed from being the norm which is what indie rock is makes me want to use it for my music magazine masthead.

I believe the font that I have chosen for my masthead is simple, sleek and looks professional which would suggests to readers that the opinion inside my magazine will be a simple yet professional opinion, without the need to have celebrity gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment