Wednesday 26 September 2012

Evaluation of Web Blogs

Name of Web log
Purpose and Intention of Web log
What differing media or ICT techniques (Video, Hyperlinks etc) are used?
How effectively does the Web log convey information and engage the consumer?
What areas from the Web log would you like to employ in your own?
Concrete Loop
Celebrating and sharing. Aimed at Black teenage Americans. Promotion of the Arts.
Embedded Youtube Videos. Links to other blogs. JPEG’s. Comment boxes. Hyperlinks. Different fonts, sizes and colours.
Concise Information.
Appropriate name for Target Audience. Range of ICT techniques.
Kimberley AS Media Foundation Portfolio
A creative way to show her thoughts and the process to her media product.
A zooming presentation editor. A slide hosting service. Hyperlinks. Playlist. JPEG’s.
It has short, concise, information that is relevant.
I would take the use of slide hosting services.
Harriet Wilde
For brides to be, looking for wedding footwear. For older women and adults.
Hyperlinks. Different font sizes. Quick links. JPEG’s.
Keeps the consumer up to date with news and upcoming events.
I would take the use of JPEG’s from this blog.
Movie Geek Blog
For film lovers who want news and opinions about the latest movie releases.
JPEG’s. Hyperlinks.
The images capture the consumer’s attention affectively.
I would take the use of JPEG’s but not the long sections of text.
Lovemydress.net/blog
Women who are interested in or looking to buy designer bridal wedding dresses.
Different fonts and sizes. JPEG’s. Interactive links. Hyperlinks. Links to other blogs.
Different fonts engage the consumer. The layout of the page also engages the consumer.
I would take the different use of fonts and the layouts from this blog.

This chart shows my research into 5 different blogs, because my coursework will be published on a blog to be assessed this research allows me to see what aspects of a blog I will use in my own. Each blog with the italic text have Hyperlinks have the ability to send the consumer to other blogs and  social network sites which help the consumer to interact with the blog in various different ways, I think this is a really good idea which I would like to use in my own blog. Also, I would like to use JPEG's and slide hosting services in my blog as I believe it gives the blog diversity. In addition, like in Concrete Loop's blog I want to only have concise information which is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment