Wednesday 26 September 2012

Integrating Images Onto Text


Here I am showing how I used InDesign to wrap text around an image. To create this I firstly saved the image of Marilyn Monroe from Google and opened it in PhotoShop. Once the image was opened in PhotoShop I used the quick selection tool to remove the image from its background, however the edges are sharp and jagged so if I was to use this technique in my magazine I would feather the image first. Saving the image as a JPEG I opened a new A4 document in InDesign. Using the text box tool I created 3 columns and pasted information about Marilyn Monroe that I found from the internet. Once I had my three columns set out I opened the image and placed it in the lower section of the middle column, although in my magazine I would make sure the columns were justified because I think it gives it a more professional look. Finally, I went to Window > Text wrap. This opened the text wrap box where I chose the 'wrap around object' shape setting which integrated the image of Marilyn onto the text, wrapping the text around Marilyn's body instead of a white square which is what I preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment